Research Team Lead
Valence Security is the first security company to offer collaborative remediation workflows that engage with business users to contextualize and reduce SaaS data sharing, supply chain, identity, and misconfiguration risks with scalable policy enforcement and automated workflows.
With Valence, security teams can secure their critical SaaS applications like Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Salesforce, and Slack and ensure continuous compliance with internal policies, industry standards and regulations, without impeding business productivity or the speed of SaaS adoption. Valence is backed by leading cybersecurity investors like Microsoft’s M12 and YL Ventures, and is trusted by leading organizations.
As the Research Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading a team of talented researchers in exploring, analyzing, and mitigating cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities in the SaaS domain. Your role will be pivotal in shaping our research strategies, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and ensuring the development of cutting-edge solutions to protect our clients' assets and data.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of cybersecurity researchers, providing guidance, support, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Develop and execute research strategies and processes to identify emerging cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors in the cyberspace domain.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product development and engineering, to ensure research findings are integrated into our cybersecurity solutions.
- Drive innovation within the research team by encouraging experimentation, exploring new methodologies, and staying at the forefront of cybersecurity technology.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of research findings and maintain the highest standards of data integrity.
- Publish relevant findings to the industry
- Proven experience in cybersecurity research, with a minimum of 5 years in a research role, 2 of which in a leadership position.
- Can code as “scripting” level. Golang is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cyber threats, attack vectors, and security technologies.
Proven track record of leading complex research projects from start to finish, but can also juggle multiple small ones at times.
- Leadership skills, efficient communicator both verbally and in writing
- Eager to work in a young dynamic startup environment